Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has released its notification regarding recruitment of engineering graduates for Scientist ‘B’ post through GATE 2016, GATE 2017 and GATE 2018 scores and interview. The Recruitment and Assessment Centre (RAC) of DRDO has announced the same through its detailed advertisement following the notification released on 11 May, 2018.
As per the official RAC notification, 41 vacancies are available in Electronics & Communication (ECE) and Computer Science (CS) streams. To apply for these vacant positions, a candidate should possess first class Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology in the relevant disciplines along with valid GATE 2016, GATE 2017 or GATE 2018 score cards.
Process of Selection
The candidates would be shortlisted on the basis of their GATE scores for the interview stage. The candidates finally selected would be inducted as Scientist ‘B’ in DRDO. This post will be in the level 10 (7th CPC) of the pay matrix. The total emoluments (including HRA and other allowances) at the time of joining will be around Rs. 80,000/- per month.
How to Apply
- Read all the important details properly.
- The first step for a candidate is to register online on the official website. It is mandatory to LOGIN before the closing date to complete the process of application.
- After that, a candidate is required to fill all the required details (Bio-data) in the application form like Name of the applicant, Parent’s or Guardian Name, Permanent Address, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, E-mail ID, etc.
- Then, a candidate is required to upload scanned copy of passport size photograph and all other required documents.
- Check all the entered details carefully, before clicking on the submit button. As Once the Submit is hit, no further changes to the application would be valid.
- Then, a candidate has to pay the fee through online payment gateway.
- An applicant has to Lock and Finalise the application form to complete the process of application.
- Compulsory fields are marked with a star (*) / asterisk and must be filled before you can move to the next stage of the form.
- Prior to logout, applicant must save the details filled by clicking “Save” button.
- A segment title will show Green underline once it is entirely filled and saved whereas unfinished segments shall remain marked with Red underline.
- A candidate must register with valid GATE Registration number as in case of invalid GATE registration number the application will be rejected.
- Do not register more than once.
- Applications further than or earlier than the specified period will not be accepted.
Visit the official websites drdo.gov.in and and rac.gov.in for detailed information regarding this recruitment drive.