Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras has commenced the online registration process for GATE 2019 from 01 September, 2018. Engineering students who wish to write the GATE 2019 can now register themselves through GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). GATE 2019 will be conducted by IIT Madras on 2, 3, 9 and 10 February, 2019.
GATE is one of most sought after exams for engineering students as it is the determining factor for admission to post-graduation programs and doctoral programs through top Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) and National Institute of Technology (NITs). In addition, GATE Score is also considered for recruitment to various PSUs (Public Sector Undertakings).
The last date for submission of online application through GOAPS is 21 September, 2018 without any late fee, and till 01 October, 2018 with late fee of Rs. 500. This extension of registration date with late fee is a new feature that has been introduced by IIT Madras this year. Another new feature is the introduction of ‘Statistics’ as a new paper.
Here is how you can apply online for GATE 2019:
- Visit the official website for GOAPS by IIT Madras
- To register yourself for GATE 2019, fill out the registration form displayed on the screen
- On successful registration, you will receive a confirmation mail containing enrolment ID on your registered email ID and SMS on the provided registered mobile number
- Now the candidate has to re-login using the allotted enrolment ID or email ID, password on the GOAPS website, and then complete filling the remaining details carefully
- Candidate would also be required to upload scanned copies of his or her photograph, signature, left thumb impression as per the given instructions
- The last step is to submit the required online application fee (Rs. 750 for female/SC/ST/PwD categories and Rs. 1,500 for male candidates) for GATE 2019
If you are unable to attend any classroom programs for the preparation of GATE 2019 then you can register for the GATE 2019 Online Test Series by IES Master.
For more details about the GATE 2019 Online Test Series, you can contact the IES Master Help Desk at 0 80100 09955, 0 97118 53908 or drop a mail at email@example.com.
Wishing good luck to all GATE 2019 aspirants!