IIT Guwahati, the GATE 2018 conducting body, has extended the online registration date till 9 October. Candidates who have not yet registered themselves for GATE 2018 can now do so using the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). The last date for online registration for GATE 2018 was 5 October, 2017 but now it is 9 October, 2017.
The official notification announcing the extension of last date reads as below:
“In response to the request received for the extension of the closing date for application submission, it has been extended to 20:00 Hrs (IST) of 9th October 2017 (Monday).”
The GATE 2018 is scheduled to be conducted on 3, 4 February, 2018 and 10, 11 February, 2018.
Here are the steps to apply for GATE 2018:
1. Visit the official website of GOAPS i.e. gate.iitg.ac.in
2. Register yourself as a new user using a valid e-mail ID and mobile phone number
3. Once registered, use your enrolment ID and password to log on
4. Fill in all the required fields in the prescribed form
5. Upload your photograph, signature, and then make the payment
6. Once done, click on the Submit button to finish the application process
For any other information, candidates can visit the official website of GATE 2018.