Finally, the government realized that the Indian Railways should be operated and managed by engineers only.
It is a great news for the engineering fraternity that the officials have retained their importance and have rescinded their decision to recruit Grade A officers through UPSC CSE only and now there will be a separate exam called IRMS examination will be conducted by UPSC.
It was an unpleasant situation for the engineers from the day the notification became public. Delhi has witnessed unprecedented protests from candidates who have made all-out preparations to fulfill their dream of becoming a railway officer.
On December 02, 2022, a press release has been issued on official site of PIB (https://pib.gov.in/PressReleasePage.aspx?PRID=1880524) note in which they have clearly mentioned that candidates who are dreaming of getting the post of Group-A Officer in Railways should not have the aspiration to write Civil Services only rather they will be tested on technical parameters through IRMS.
This is a good realization from the government and we are here to show the way ahead for all the aspirants of railway preparation. There is an old saying in India “jiska kaam usi ko saaje” meaning the work suits in the hands of the one skilled to do it. We, as an educational institution, take full responsibility of supporting the candidates for their upcoming journey.
The decision to reorganize the Indian Railways through a new service called Indian Railway Management Service, abbreviated as IRMS, was announced on December 24, 2019 and has since become a hot topic of discussion. The decision to recruit officers in IRMS through civil services was terminated today i.e. 02-Dec-2022, its recruitment process is now clear.
It is a sincere advice to the students to continue with their preparation in full swing and stick to the goal that they have set for themselves. Good knowledge of subjects is essential to excel in any examination and the decision to cancel the recruitment of IRMS through civil services, opens up many opportunities for engineers. Keep up the interest in your subjects and stick to your goal.
There are fine details which are to be noted and they are as follows:
- Indent is placed to recruit 150 Grade -A officers and they break up will be as follows:
- Civil Engineering : 30 Vacancies
- Mechanical Engineering : 30 Vacancies
- Electrical Engineering : 60 Vacancies
- Commerce and Accountancy : 30 Vacancies
- Age limits will be as per eligibility conditions of UPSC-CSE.
- Educational Qualification : Degree in Engineering / Degree in Commerce/ Chartered Accountancy, from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- Result : Result will be declared in the form of one list of recommended candidates in all the four branches in order of merit achieved.
- Optional Paper : There will be common option list for CSE & IRMSE.
- Compulsory language qualifying paper will be same as CSE.
- Important Dates
- Examination notification for UPSC CSE 2023 : 01.02.2023
- Tentative exam date of Civil services (P) : 28.05.2023
For more useful blogs like this, keep on visiting http://iesmaster.org/blog/